Friday, May 29, 2009

Funny story....

So I guess I haven't really mentioned what my new job is. It seems every time I blog about a job, it goes bad or goes away, but I wanted to share anyway.

I'm working at an assisted living facility in the physical therapy department. My job is part rehab aide, part admin assistant, part babysitter. lol. But it's really wonderful. The residents here just love me, and I enjoy being a part of their day.

We have one patient, he's a fella in his 90's. He tells everyone that I'm his girlfriend. It's quite adorable. The other day he was in for therapy and he told me a story of his youth, and here it is.

"When I was a boy, my mother never spanked me. But when I did something wrong, she would say, "Come on in the house, son, and get your bible." We would sit together, she'd have me read a chapter, and she would read a chapter. Then I would read another chapter, and she would read a chapter. We would do this for hours.

Sometimes, I wish she would have just beaten my ass."

Ahh, yes. I laughed so hard I nearly fell over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter