Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It really does make sense...at least, for me.

Hopefully I didn't offend anyone with my post yesterday. I know that monogamy works for some people, and that's cool. I'm not judging those who like it. It just doesn't, or hasn't, worked for me. Let's talk about that.

I absolutely hate dating. It seems like it would be fun, but people are not honest about themselves in the beginning, and that's really important to me. I've had a lot of bad dates. A LOT.

I've been doing the online dating thing off and on since I first got divorced. I've been on dozens of dates with a variety of different men, and the running theme really seems to be dishonesty. Posting a picture of yourself from 10 years ago? Really? Saying you're 5'5" or 5'7" when you're really 5 feet or less? Really? 'A few extra pounds' in your mind means 50 or more?

REALLY?

I think I deserve better. Not that looks are the most important thing, but let's be honest - it does matter to an extent. I'm not super model, but damn, I am cute. And sexy. And funny. And I just can't seem to find an honest, nice, attractive guy who *gets* me .

Out of all the guys I've met online, I have met a total of TWO decent guys. One really good friend (yes, Curt, I'm talking about you), and one fairly long-term hook-up. That's a pretty crappy ratio, wouldn't you say? Two out of, say, 30?

Not to mention to ones I never actually meet, but who send me ridiculous first-time messages that they obviously feel are appropriate:
"Hi, I'm Bob. I like your rack."
"I'm looking for a wife to take care of my kids."
"Your lips look tasty."
"Wanna f*ck?"

Yes, these are first-time communications.
Yikes.

I give up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

Awwww shucks...

But your rack is truly impressive, though :)

5/27/2009 6:01 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks honey. :)

5/27/2009 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter