Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Weirdest Night....so far

December has been a busy month. It started with my 10-day training period at the new job. I am a now a fountain of knowledge. Go ahead, ask me anything - as long as it pertains to condoms, lubes, vibrators, or fake va-jayjays.

I am truly an expert.
Scary, huh?
Or was I already an expert? Hmm.

So my first nite out of training was an evening shift, by myself. Yikes. I was a little nervous. I knew what to do - thankfully, I take very good notes - but still, I hadn't worked alone, and so many things could go wrong.

It started off pretty slow, but got busy later in the evening. And, as I predicted, things that never came up in training happened that evening, and I did some things incorrectly. Murphy's Law and all. Nothing earth-shattering or job-losing. Just frustrating. I'm the oldest person working in that store, the other girls are half my age. I should be able to handle math and some paperwork!

We have sales goals on each shift, and at 11 PM, I was about $300 short of mine. I was thinking it wasn't going to happen tonite.

And then came the Hummer limo.

A huge, white Hummer limo pulled up in front, and several people came pouring out of it and into my store. There were 2 men, white guys in suits, late 40's; followed closely by 4 Asian women, obviously much younger than the men.

One of the guys comes up to the counter, hands me his gold card and says, "Whatever they want."

Damn.

Yes sir!
I sold those freaks toys, lingerie, lube, you name it.
$350 later, they left the store very happy.

And I felt just a little dirty. Eww. I just sold them all those things and they're gonna have an icky Asian hooker orgy in that limo.
Eww.

I still like the job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter