Monday, September 15, 2008

Goodbye, friend.


My dear friend Josh died. He was killed in a car accident and passed away in the early morning hours of Septembr 7th.
I met Josh at an improv class a few years ago and I instantly fell in love with him. He was so funny, so spontaneous, and so unafraid. Josh was an inspiration to me. He always pushed me when it came to comedy. I wouldn't have even gone up at the last open mic we went to together if it weren't for him demanding that I perform.
We went to Houston together for Last Comic Standing auditions. We slept on the sidewalk and had fun meeting and talking to other comedians from all over. It was a wonderful road trip. He was also my own personal hair stylist. :) That's what he did for a living, and he was damn good at it. My new short do is his work.
I last saw him on Labor Day weekend. He came and spent the day with me and some friends. This picture is the last one we took together.
I was honored that his girlfriend, Paige, mentioned me when she spoke at the service. He had a wonderful family and was loved by many people.
My ex actually accused me of having a fling with Josh, because we spent so much time together. My response? "Um, yeah, I know I can do better than you, dear, but look at him! He's beautiful! We're just friends."
I wanted to write something eloquent and lovely, but I'm just so sad I don't think I can really put together in words how I felt about him. I miss him. A lot. But I'm thankful that I got to say goodbye, that we never had an argument, and that I got to know him.
Everyone grieves in their own way. The last several days were filled with my own grieving, which involved alcohol, xanax, a lot of crying, a lot of laughing, and a 25 year old boy who has the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen.
Goodbye, Josh. Keep 'em laughing, sweetie. I love you.

3 Comments:

Blogger decade5 said...

This post is eloquent and lovely. He was lucky to have you for a friend. I'm lucky to have you for a friend, too.

9/15/2008 6:43 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

Not much to say in a situation like this. I'm sorry, Jenn. Know that your friends are here for you

9/15/2008 7:59 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love you guys, thanks.

9/17/2008 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter