Thursday, December 06, 2007

O unholy nite....

I went to Hyena's to do open mic last nite. My buddy Jeff came to town and dragged me out of the house. I needed that. Thanks, Jeff.

Things were going ok when the show started, but right in the middle of the 3rd comic's set, you wouldn't believe what happened....

"Cheaters" showed up! OMG. I have never laughed so hard in all my life. People got out their camera phones and were standing on tables to take pictures of the whole mess. Joey Greco was there, in all his 5 foot tall, douchebag glory. (Emily and I call his little gay-looking beard a 'Douche Patch'.)

How the hell do you follow that? I mean, we all know the show is fake, but a bruhaha of that nature sure distracts you from anything else going on!

I went up number 14. I had a decent set. I wouldn't say I killed, but I did ok. Of course, we lost half of our audience early on, but the small group of people who stayed at least seemed to be paying attention.

What a nite.

The best part of the evening - well, besides seeing the Cheater's crew and being onstage again - was seeing so many people who I haven't seen in months. Actually, it's been more than a year since I'd seen some folks. There were lots of hugs and smiles and it really made me remember why I started doing comedy to begin with.

It's good to be back.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bron said...

that's HILARIOUS!!!!

I watch that show all the time!! OMG.. i wish I'd have seen that...

Was there a fight?

12/06/2007 7:41 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

They tried, but it was broken up by 'security'. Not club security, mind you, but the guys who Cheaters brought with them wearing 'security' jackets! It was so funny.

12/06/2007 9:15 AM  
Blogger Bron said...

god that's hilarious!
I love crap tv.. LOVE IT!

12/06/2007 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter