Friday, November 16, 2007

To tell the truth....

I normally make it a policy not to give money to alleged homeless people standing on the side of the road. Many of them are not homeless, and I hate being lied to (as you've read, lol.) But yesterday I made an exception.

I was waiting for the train, and this little old man was walking around, picking up cigarette butts from the ground. I got on the train and he sat behind me. I reached in my purse, pulled out a cigarette and gave it to him. His eyes lit up like I was Santa Claus and I'd just given him a Christmas gift. We had a little chat, and of course, he asked for money. At first, I told him I didn't have any. But then he told me what he wanted the money for - a beer. So I gave him $2 bucks and thanked him for his honesty. He gave me a hug and told me he would think of me when he drank it. :)

See how far one can get with honesty?
Drink up, homey.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bron said...

lol, that's actually a sweet story in a bizarre sort of way!

11/16/2007 5:16 PM  
Blogger EyeNoU said...

Gee, you never bought me a beer.....

11/17/2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Well I guess I owe you one!

11/18/2007 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter