Monday, November 19, 2007

Say hello to Shithead

In my recent attempts to re-build some bridges that I had inadvertently burned since my prison-like monogamy began, I received this message from a friend. He’s less than forgiving, and I can’t blame him. I’m posting this here to remind me that there is never a good excuse to treat friends that way. He was there for me on many occasions, he was a good friend. And I was a shit. It was much easier for me to ignore all of the people who were right about that douchebag than it was for me to see the truth.

I’m sorry, Jeff. I really am.

"Dude, I oughtta not write back to you. You are a shit head. You are a mean shithead who dumped all friends for that talentless troll. And now that the troll is gone you want to write and expect people to just forget you haven't made even the slightest bit of effort in two years to make any sort of contact what-so-ever? Oh, let me stop what I am doing so I can try and befriend that shithead Jenn all over again just so she can dump on me the instant another man comes along and once again I get to go back to ground zero and start all over again - friendless. Yeah! That's what would make me the happiest. I give all I have (which may not be much but we're talking percentages here) to my friends and I gave it all to you. I actually liked you and cared about you and I wasn't worth a two minute phone call now and again to say "Hi, Jeff. I'm busy and haven't got much time but I just wanted to say I miss you and was thinking about you. Thanks for the great advice you gave me about my man. As always, you are 100% correct and I should listen to you more, but I'm pushing 40 and still have to learn my lessons on my own so you'll have to forgive my romantic follies. Sorry time is short, gotta go but I miss you. Coming to town soon,"?

You shithead. You stupid shithead. You stupid stupid stupid shithead.

Well, my number is still the same. I'm easy enough to find but I gotta warn you...Screw me once and shame on you. Twice...shame on me. You won't get a second chance to fuck up the best friendship the world has to offer so if you write back or call, you better get it right this time."

6 Comments:

Blogger Bron said...

i hope some of that was tongue in cheek?
cos that seemed a bit harsh

11/20/2007 12:12 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

lol, he's a harsh guy, but he's right. But yes, mostly he's harmless.

11/20/2007 1:50 PM  
Blogger Larissa said...

Harmless, maybe - I don't know him. But that is one of the most hateful diatribes I've seen in a long time. I re-read that a couple times and wondered if you didn't call him because he was seems rather self-absorbed, negative and rude. Didn't you just get rid of that? Why would you want to exchange it for someone that mean spirited? What am I missing here?

Happy Thanksgiving!

11/22/2007 7:37 PM  
Blogger decade5 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11/24/2007 7:23 AM  
Blogger decade5 said...

Ech. What I originally wrote came off all smarmy and know-it-all.

Bleh.

Basically, I am going to make an effort to do something with friends at least once a month every month in 2008.

11/24/2007 7:27 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I guess you'd just have to know him. But yeah, I read it a few times too, and it made me feel pretty bad each time I read it.

11/26/2007 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter