Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Going thru the stages

It's not like someone died, but something did. A little piece of me.

Dr. Phil says there are 4 stages of grief: Shock, Denial, Anger, and Resolution. However, since I think Dr. Phil is a douchebag, I'll take the word of all the other experts out there. The 5 stages of grief:

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

There is no specific time limit to any of these stages - but I feel like I've gone thru them all in 3 days flat.

I want to say thanks to all of you who are sending good thoughts my way. I really do appreciate it. This will be a good thing for me, really. A new start, if you will. Things will be good, I have a lot to look forward to. Don’t cry for me, Argentina.

I have a renewed spirit, a feeling of relief and optimism about the future. I haven’t felt this in a very long time.

I will be sad at times. Things will remind me of him. But I know that this is the best decision I could make – for me, for him, for my family. We truly are not good together. Not good for each other.


Birthday next week - I will definitely be doing something fun. Let me know if you'd like to join me!

3 Comments:

Blogger monogodo said...

Early Happy Birthday Wishes!

Late sympathetic wishes.

I'm down with birthday stuff, just have to know when & where & clear it with the wife.

10/09/2007 6:31 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Cool! I'll let you know. The b-day is actually on Wednesday, which is of course a sucky day to go out, but stay tuned. :)

10/10/2007 5:37 AM  
Blogger I said...

Hey! Crappy birthday! What a week! Blogger has been firewalled out at work. I'll bet Paul Varghese has missed me! Howabout you?

10/11/2007 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter