Friday, September 14, 2007

The little things.

It really is true that the little things make all the difference.

Last Friday, Emily got up at 5:30 in the morning to have coffee with me before I left for work.

Aww.

The evening before that, I helped her with her journalism homework. We wrote a kick-ass current events piece together that earned her an A, and she told me, “Hey, you’re really good at this! You should have been a journalist!” Yeah, that was a goal of mine many years ago.

I saw a note from one of her other teachers on an assignment she did. It said, "If only I could give you points for making me laugh." Apparently, her answer, although wrong, was amusing. That's my girl.

I’m getting better at navigating public transportation.

Evan is shooting short films and things with some friends and he’s loving it. Emily is participating, and I wrote a script for a 5-minute or so short. It’s becoming a family thing.

We have health insurance now. That’s exciting.

I got a call asking me to do another show. Unfortunately, it was very short notice (as in, 4 hours), and over100 miles away. I had to decline, but the booker promised to call me again and give me more notice next time.

Life is happy. Things are good. Well, except for the three-day headache I just got over. Geez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter