Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Valentine...the final chapter

I feel loved. So very loved.

First the flowers. Then a show at the Improv and a trip to his home town. But wait, there’s more! My wonderful man also bought me a new digital camera! Woot! It hasn’t arrived just yet, but as soon as it does I can post a picture of my final gift, which was a shock. He got me the most beautiful sapphire and diamond ring. No, not an engagement ring – not yet, anyway. But I am wearing it on the finger where an engagement ring would be, so it still looks like I’m taken. (Like there's any question, lol.)

The road trip was a lot of fun. Didn’t leave on Friday as originally planned, which was fine really, as it gave me a chance to do some laundry. We got in the car on Saturday morning – well, closer to noon I guess, and headed out of town. The boyfriend made several CD’s for the trip that included some of our favorite songs. We entertained each other during the 6 hour drive. Traffic was crap thru Austin, as it normally is. Arrived in San Antonio after 5:30 PM, then drove the extra half hour to Boerne, where he was born and raised. What an adorable place it is! Lots of little antique and specialty shops. Apparently it’s grown immensely since he left – they now have a Starbuck’s and a homeless guy.

We drove to his old house and past his high school and I videotaped some of the sites. We picked up fossilized rocks from the driveway of his childhood home. On Sunday, we had breakfast at Jim’s, a place where he spent a lot of his late nites back in the day. We ate onion rings and biscuits and gravy. The onion rings were freaking awesome. We drove around the town and he showed me where his dad’s property used to be and told me funny and interesting stories. Then we went to the cemetery and put flowers on his mother’s grave, which made me cry, of course. Finally, we stopped by the bakery where he used to get chocolate thumbprint cookies when he was a kid. They didn’t have any of those, but we did pick up some tasty items. On the way home we stopped at the New Braunfels Smokehouse for some jerky.

All in all, it was a wonderful trip. We will definitely go back. I really enjoyed spending lots of uninterrupted time with the man I love, and it made me feel very special that he shared his childhood memories with me.

And I got jewelry!


OH - and my friend Beth is getting married! Apparently it was a Happy V-Day for others as well. Congrats to them!

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

!!! AND YOU ALSO GOT A SAPPHIRE/DIAMOND RING? Holy shit Jenn...if the universe isn't revolving around our birthdays, I will no longer believe in God. Well, I don't believe in God, but I won't believe in capitalism anymore.

2/20/2007 11:30 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

The universe just revolves around us completely, as it should be.

I love your ring! Pics of mine soon. Have you set a date? OMG. I'll call you later.

2/20/2007 11:41 AM  
Blogger I said...

The routers gave me a ring and said I was thier bitch for life.

How romantic.

I plan on taking a trip to the factory where they were made and share childhood stories of when they were just silicon chips.

2/20/2007 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great collection of memories you've just accumulated.

Not that the jewelry isn't groovous as well.

Yay for moments of happiness.

2/21/2007 5:18 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Still waiting for the camera. I'll probably see you before I see the camera.

2/22/2007 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter