Friday, February 16, 2007

Valentine, Part Deaux

Yes, the flowers were wonderful, and certainly were enough of a gift. But surprise! My V-day didn’t end on V-day itself.

The CSz show was fun. Men vs. Women, and the men won this year. The catered food was very good and it was a nice evening. But – since we had to spend our Valentine’s Day basically working, the man I love made plans for us on Thursday nite. So, we popped into the Improv last nite to see Jeremy Hotz. That man is hysterical! His stage presence alone is funny. I absolutely loved him. The emcee was Jerry Rocha, who got away before I had a chance to say hello; the feature act was Marvin Michaels who we did get to chat with for a little while. I love seeing these former Dallas comedians doing well for themselves. And aside from the very unfunny ‘guest’ comic from LA, (Shawn something, not even worth remembering his name he was so bad), the show was really good.

And so we’re off this evening for a weekend jaunt – sans work, kids and performing. We’re headed to my beloved’s place of birth, so I can see where he came from. We haven’t been on a road trip together in a very long time, and I’m very much looking forward to it.

And in other news – our douchebag roommate moved out! And took his stinky dog! So now it’s just us, and I couldn’t possibly be happier.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for weekend excursions. I hope you come back all smiley and re-energized.

More yay for roommate ejection.

2/17/2007 8:51 AM  
Blogger I said...

His birth place? Can't you just have his Mom over for dinner?

I could be your room mate. I just need a lot of privacy for spaning though.

2/17/2007 2:30 PM  
Blogger I said...

Spanking I mean. Oh and an internet connection.

2/17/2007 2:31 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Well, since his mom is dead, I doubt she'd be available for dinner. But we did visit her at the cemetary and put some flowers on her headstone.

No more roommates. My days of communal living are over! Hooray!

2/18/2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger I said...

Oh.

I can't wait for you to post again.


I'm your number one fan!

2/19/2007 2:38 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It's good to have a fan.

2/20/2007 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter