Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Keep honking. Just keep honking.

I witnessed something I found amusing today.

I was at a stop light. To my left in the turn lane was a small Asian woman in a large black car.

No, no, that’s not the funny part.

She was at least a good car-length behind the car in front of her, and behind her was a snotty looking teeny-bopper in a red sports car, who decided that honking at this woman would somehow get her to move forward – which was completely unnecessary.

The little Asian woman looked in her rearview mirror at the snotty teen, gave her a dismissive wave, and refused to budge. I don’t blame her, it wouldn’t have made any difference in their relative position to the light. The snotty girl honked again and the Asian lady stood her ground. Then the light turned and they got the green arrow. The first car made the turn, but the little Asian lady crept slowly forward until the light changed back to red, forcing the girl behind her, and herself, to wait for the next light. All the while the snotty girl was honking, and waving her arms and yelling at this point. (I could hear her because her windows, and mine, were down.) I found myself laughing out loud. Apparently snotty teen heard me too, because she looked over and gave me an obscene gesture, which made me laugh even harder.

Patience is a virtue, snotty girl. You go, little Asian lady. You go.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger decade5 said...

And then, when the girl wouldn't quit honking, the Asian lady threw it into reverse and smacked the hell out of the snotty teen's car.
And you caught it all on video and submitted it to AFV and you won the $100,000 prize! And that snotty teen's parents saw the video and they took away her driving privileges. Because the girl couldn't drive, she had to walk to work and lots of people splashed her on muddy days.

The girl became an outcast and no one would be friends with her because the only thing anyone liked about her was her car. Once that was gone, no one put up with her bitchiness.

She cried every day for two solid years. The Asian lady went on to run a major corporation. One day, she was interviewing a new intern and it turned out to be the snotty teen!

"I know what," said the Asian lady, "How about if you just push the coffee cart around? You seem to know so much about where people should park things. Okay. You're hired. And you'd better show up to work here because if you don't, you will never get a job anywhere else in the world. Believe me, bitch. I know people!"

And then everyone else in the world lived happily ever after except that stupid girl.

The End.

2/06/2007 5:42 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love happy endings.

And egg rolls.

2/07/2007 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter