Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm not allergic to *YOU*

Happy Monday all. I arrived at work this morning to find a lovely potted plant and ‘thank you’ card atop my desk. How sweet! And then one of our engineers offered to go and get me coffee, as I was able to round up just the right hotel for him. My temp assignment here comes to an end soon. I really, really liked it here. I’m applying for the perm openings that they have, but since they usually fill those internally, I’m not holding my breath. But who knows? A couple of people have approached me with other opportunities as well. I seem to have made quite an impression.

The writing is going well. Sent a couple of pages to coolest chick ever Beth and she gave me some valuable feedback. Hoping not to lose my momentum. I have a friend who had a book published, but it was done by one of those “we’ll publish your book when no one else will” kind of places. He’s a great guy, but a terrible writer. I’m using his book as a reference for how not to write.

On the homefront…geez. We’ve got plumbing issues. I actually had to go to the laundromat last nite to wash the clothes because the washer is down until the plumber comes. It’s been YEARS since I’ve had to drag my laundry out of the house, and I realized that I don’t ever want to have to do that again. Not a big fan of the coin operated laundry facilities.

I have sneezed about a thousand times in the last four days. Allergy season has arrived. This will sound very strange, but every time I sneeze, I think of my old boss in Houston. Let me explain. I can’t just sneeze once or twice like a normal person. When it hits me, it’s a sneezefest, and usually the count goes over 20. When I first started working for Anita, I had one of my ‘fits’ one morning at my desk. She kept saying ‘bless you’, but it’s really futile to bless me until I’m done. I kept sneezing, and she came out of her office to look at me. She just stared in disbelief, and then laughed. A lot. It’s hard to defend yourself when you have a tissue on your face. She found it utterly hilarious.

So now, when I sneeze, I think of you Anita. I hope that makes you giggle as much as my sneezing.

3 Comments:

Blogger I said...

Buy my house and I'll throw in a washer!

4/10/2006 7:07 PM  
Blogger I said...

Which is better, that guys book or Doofleboy speaks? I'm going to publish mine and stick it at book stores when they aren't looking.

4/10/2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

We actually have 2 washers - but neither do any good when the pipes are clogged!

I actually like reading your stuff, Tom. I'll have to let you borrow the book I'm talking about. It's a real hard read, grammatically speaking. Almost painful.

4/11/2006 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter