Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Roomie's got a Girlfriend

Eww.

As if there weren’t enough people in my house already, one of our single guy roomies is now dating this girl. Hmm. I’ve seen her only twice over the past couple of weeks. She went to the movies with us all on Friday. I didn’t mention her, well, because I didn’t find her that interesting. Then she came over for Sunday dinner. Again, not terribly impressed. I mean, she seems nice enough I suppose, but she’s too quiet for me, and for some reason we find her a little creepy. Roomie has been adamant that they are ‘just friends’, because apparently she is married, (idiot), although going thru a nasty divorce. Yay! Red flag number one. He insisted that he wouldn’t date her because she has some health issues that he wasn’t prepared to deal with. Yay! Red flag number 2. But when I got up early this morning at 5:30 AM to get something to drink, her purse and shoes were left in the living room and I could hear mattress noises from his room down the hall.

Eww.
Eww.
Eww.

I’ve know him for 16 years, he’s kinda like my brother. And you don’t want to know anything about your brother’s sex life.

Eww.

Yes, I complain that there aren’t enough women around. And indeed, she is female. But he could have at least prepared us for this. Evan’s been around so long that he’s just become a part of our very odd family. But I introduced him to the boys slowly and over a period of several months, so they would get used to the idea of him being around all the time. But this chick, she’s just popped in suddenly and I find it disrupting.

Just one more thing for Evan and I to make fun of. I know roomie very well, and it will be fun to see what kinds of stupid things he does and says in order to impress this girl. I’ll be calling ‘bullshit’. I know it will be amusing. Evan has already witnessed a few things and we laughed hysterically about them. Mattress noises from one room, laughter from another. Thank goodness our house is large.

I just hope she doesn’t move in. Dammit. I am the queen of the house, and there’s no room for a princess. Why couldn't he date someone cool?

10 Comments:

Blogger I said...

I've seen this too many times. She'll be knocked up and moved in within the month. Get this guy a vasectomy before it's too late.

4/05/2006 2:34 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

lmao. Let's hope they don't reproduce.

4/05/2006 5:23 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Mattress noises I can live with. Mattress noises accompanied by rolling dice and fake British accents is another thing entirely. Worse even, is if you hear your roomie screaming, "Dexterity Check!" followed by a deep "unnnnh!" noise, which means he has reached his climax, and she moved forward to a 13th level Sylvan Elf.

4/06/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love you. :)

We were at Waffle House last nite, and I, um, 'accidentally' overheard the conversation of the people behind us. The girl was saying, "Yeah, it's a really fun game, you go on quests and gather things. I played for 5 hours yesterday, and another five hours today, and I'm finally up to level 60!"

I stopped by their table when we were leaving and said, "I don't mean to eavesdrop, but are you talking about World of Warcraft?"

She smiled and said, "Yes, how did you know?"

How do I know. Indeed. :)

Oh, and I've decided to use the name "Beth" as a character in my new story. She's inspired by you. I think you'd like her.

4/06/2006 12:40 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

Let me get this right..... Dice? Warcraft?... like D&D?

EWW
EWW
EWW

4/06/2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

LMAO.

4/06/2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger monogodo said...

A few years back I saw a group of guys at the Waffle House on Spring Valley in Richardson. They could be best described as Chess Club Gone Bad.

4/09/2006 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Story of the hiking sticks Buying ultram tramadol Cross country auto moving company http://www.bucksjackets.info/benefits-of-pilates.html Chlorine removal hair products care first health plan 20 pilates matt north shore oahu pilates Challenge f355 ferrari twin Bot cum cheap-pharmacy-online comorder patanol html Car dvd rental 1997 subaru outback wiring diagram Brazilian weight loss pill 2003 chrysler sebring repair manual Panasonic 600x minidv How to disassemble a whirlpool washer lsr Free software 2c block pop ups Impotence+aids pilates charlotte north carolina

2/21/2007 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

3/07/2007 5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Discount effexor xr

4/23/2007 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter