Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's raining men.

I’m sleepy. I like coffee. It’s tasty.

We have a new temporary roomie. His name is Mike, he’s a friend of Dave’s, and he’s just passing thru for a couple of months on his way to some foreign country. He helped clean up last nite, so he’s a keeper.

The house is full and I’m completely outnumbered. Way too many men. Normally I wouldn’t complain, but I feel that I need a huge dose of estrogen soon, before I start belching and scratching and wanting to build things.

Ok, I can’t remember if I mentioned this guy at work who’s been hitting on me. We’ll call him GAW. It started a couple of weeks ago – he was sending me emails and coming by my desk frequently. He’s married, so I of course am thinking that he’s a total pig, and I was not encouraging him at all. I can’t count how many times I said, "My boyfriend" this or "My boyfriend" that. But GAW wouldn't take a hint.


Turns out that he and his wife are ‘swingers’ and they were looking for an interested third party. Eww. No thanks. He’s since had a ‘talking to’ by his supervisor for ‘harassing’ me.

Awesome.

But here’s my question – why do people feel comfortable telling me these things about themselves? What about me said to this dude, “Hey, I bet she wants to see my wife naked!”

Now that brings up an interesting issue. I’ve never understood the whole ‘swinging’ thing. I thought it died out in the 70’s, but apparently the trend is alive and well, and people you wouldn’t even imagine are involved in it. Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but marriage is supposed to be between TWO people, not three or four, right? I’ve never been of the mindset that sex is a meaningless act and that married couples should be allowed to engage in sex with people outside the marriage. Call me old fashioned, but I just think that’s wrong.

Some people swear by it, say it’s been nothing but a boost to their marriage. I don’t see how that’s possible. I am an incredibly jealous person, there’s no way I could allow my partner to screw a stranger. I would always wonder if he were doing it behind my back. It's not an 'open' relationship, it's cheating, IMO. Having any kind of physical, romantic contact with someone other than your significant other, even if you're not married, is cheating. At least I think so. For example: if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend at home and you make out with someone else, that's cheating. And you probably shouldn't take pictures. I'm just sayin'.


I guess people see it differently.
People who say there’s no emotion involved in sex are just wrong.

And they’re mostly men.

Here is the answer to yesterday’s trivia question:

Q: What does Home Depot run short of during Spring Break?
A: Funnels and tubing – for beer bong construction.

Have a lovely, estrogen-filled day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Travis said...

Well, THEORETICALLY, I can see the concept of group marriage or couples getting into swinging......

But, PRACTICALLY, being with one person is so damn annoying, why would I want to get two MORE people in the mix to piss me off on a regular basis?

Damn, I can't even stand myself, most days!

--Travis--

3/24/2006 6:00 AM  
Blogger monogodo said...

I used to live down the street from a swingers club here in Dallas. If I ever had an inkling of becoming a swinger, seeing the types of people who were into it has turned me off completely.

3/24/2006 7:55 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

LOL Travis. I'm with ya on that. One on one is hard enough, let's not make it a group thing! And that brings up the whole issue of polygamy. Another concept that boggles my mind.

Mono - hehe, I've seen some of them too. In fact, I've been invited to go to one of those 'clubs'. No thanks.

Why is it that swingers and nudists are usually the people that no one wants to see naked? :)

I don't think your link on my page is working, I'm trying to fix.

3/24/2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Spam that's relevant to my post?

That's a keeper.

4/08/2006 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter