Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Rough Couple of Days

Damn my head hurts. I guess that’s what I get for drinking myself to sleep.

These last two days have been horrible. The Teenager suffered some sort of bites on her back and leg, and those lead to a lot of pain and swelling, whining and crying, and finally ended in a staph infection. We’ve spent two days at the emergency room getting IV antibiotics and ‘draining’ procedures. Eww. It was gross, I won’t go into detail. The first day, they gave her some minor pain medication thru the IV. Yesterday, they gave her morphine. MORPHINE. Hello! And if I’ve learned nothing else from this experience, I now know that she is a very mean and cranky girl on that particular med. Back to the doctor tomorrow and hopefully we’ll be done. But I’m exhausted. I’m glad to be at work and out of the house today. I can’t take her yelling at me anymore.

Last nite is a bit of a blur. Evan taught class and I stayed home with The Teenager, catering to her every whim until she went back to sleep. Temp roomie Mike made a fantastic gumbo for dinner, and I think I drank about a gallon of wine. I was asleep very early, which is probably a good thing. Hopefully I didn't do or say anything stupid, but I probably did.

Got my hair cut over the weekend and I love it. Well, not so much today cuz the rain and humidity have made it look terrible. But it’s a very cute cut. Not short though. The man has requested specifically that I do not cut my hair short. And since I adore him, I have agreed.

Going to see a play tonite, our friend Van’s directing debut. He's a talented kid.

The boys have been playing World of Warcraft online. With Mike in the house, we officially have 4 computers running on a LAN - and way too much testosterone. Ha. I've resigned myself to quiet games of online poker while they go on quests and kill things. They want me to play, but I fear that my highly addictive personality would cause me to spend far too much time in the game.

Nothing going on comedy-wise in the immediate future. I'll be performing at the Velveeta Room in Austin the last weekend of May. Road trip!

Damn this headache.

6 Comments:

Blogger I said...

Thank God you turned off all the security sh*t. Is Laura Cole dead?

3/29/2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Not that I'm aware of, but I haven't read the obituaries lately. Has she stopped enjoying your stalking? :)

3/29/2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Indeed they did. I'm excited, I've never performed there before.

WoW is like crack. Seriously. I know if they suck me in, that'll be the last you hear from me for a while. :)

3/30/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger Skye said...

Will they have cheese there? Have a great weekend!

3/31/2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger I said...

Wow is like butt crack????

3/31/2006 7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

2/21/2007 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter