Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Brand new year, same old stuff
















Well, not really.

Good morning and Happy New Year, blog groupies! I have to say, 2009 was a pretty good year, so I have high hopes for twenty-ten. What happened in '09 in Jenn World:

Heart breaks: 5 (but only 2 were harsh)

Relationships ruined and blamed on me: 3

Road trips: 2

Guys who say they don't want to see me anymore but keep coming back anyway: 3

And of those who keep coming back, the ones I actually want to see: 1

Comedy shows: Many, and all were good but one.
In spite of my current physical issues, I've had some fun over the last week. Last Wednesday some Brit friends who were in town for a wedding came to see my at Hyena's. Also, my New Zealand guy who I hadn't talked to in almost a year came out and watched as well. I had a good set and I was thrilled that I had so many awesome people there to cheer me on! It does get old performing in front of comedians week after week.

The Brits commented to me about how misogynistic and sexist the comics here in Dallas are on stage. And all this time I thought it was just me thinking that they were all assholes. Nah. It's true, they really are. That's one of the reasons I keep waffling about quitting comedy. It's hard to do it in this town and be taken seriously - ha, that's funny, a comedian wants to be taken seriously - but you know what I mean. But it was very helpful for me to hear from other people what I've thought all along.

Over the weekend I got to hang out with Bron from England and my buddy Jill, and we had a blast. We went roller skating, ate Sprinkle's cupcakes and vegetarian food, and went to some funky little vintage resale shops. So much fun!
My favorite boy is back. I knew he would be. And neither of us were really surprised that I didn't stick to my guns and say no to him. He's still my favorite, and after my one whole day of being sad about him getting a 'real' girlfriend, I'm ok again with our 'relationship' the way it is. She decided to put him in the 'friend zone'. I'm a little sad for him, honestly. I was hoping this would work out for him. But I'm happy to have him back for a bit. I told him that at some point, he must get out of his comfort zone, and I will have to let him go for real. But for now, we'll both take the comfort. No harm in that. I am quite fond of him, even though we both know it's all still temporary. And I still believe fully that he will find the right girl and have a great life. I just hope he finds someone half as cool as me. That'll be hard to do. I am pretty awesome. What a lucky guy he is to have me around. :)
My quote for this year is thus: “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” (This goes for both of us, in case you're reading this.)

I'm going in for ultrasound and testing next week to determine whether or not I need surgery. Cross your fingers for me.
Hope you all are doing well and having a good New Year so far. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger theFarschside said...

You may want to go read my blog entry about mine -- on second thought -- don't.

No really -- it's not that bad.

Best of luck.

1/05/2010 11:35 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks dear. How far back should I look for it?

1/05/2010 3:39 PM  
Blogger theFarschside said...

August -- "Probed" -- ignore what I wrote -- it's uncomfortable - but not more so than an over-enthusiastic date.

But you can see the probe

assuming that they're doing an internal.

1/05/2010 6:05 PM  
Blogger Jenn Hoff said...

I'm actually no stranger to the 'internal' ultrasound. When I dontaed my eggs many years ago, I had to go in and have it done weekly. I felt so close to those people. lol.

1/06/2010 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm.. some free dating sites make money with adsense etc..

1/06/2010 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

1/06/2010 10:32 PM  
Blogger Bron said...

yay so much fun was had :D

3/09/2010 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter