Monday, June 04, 2007

Moving - done.

Ahh. A feeling of relief washed over me as the movers carried in the last of the boxes and furnishings. But that feeling was soon replaced by panic, when I realized just how much unpacking I have to do.

Movers showed up late, of course. 6 hours late to be exact. We got two guys - a redneck who complained about his gum disease, bi-polar disorder and his sick wife in the hospital, and an A&M student studying physical therapy who’s only complaint was, “I’m glad this isn’t my real job.”

They got everything moved. It took several hours. I didn’t discover until last nite that our DVR player never made it to the new location. I tipped the guys pretty well, so I don’t think they took off with it intentionally. I have high hopes that it was just misplaced.

The kitchen, living area and bathrooms are in order. But that’s about it. I still have a room full of boxes. I made it through 6 or so yesterday. Many more to go.

Having to choose between sleep and emptying boxes was an easy choice for most of the weekend. The boxes won. But that was a bad choice last nite, however, when I realized that I was still up at 1 AM organizing my recipes and I knew I had to get up at 6 for work. Yikes!

So far….the cable isn’t working right. The computers aren’t hooked up yet. Irony of ironies? The oven isn’t working. LMAO. I did get to take a bath though. That was super awesome. The kitten has adjusted quickly to his new surroundings and I need a nap. I’m sure I’ll be feeling much better in a few days. Happy to be in our new place. It’s quite adorable, all things considered
.

4 Comments:

Blogger monogodo said...

Glad to hear you're all moved in. Sorry to hear about the DVR.

Who did you end up going with, mover-wise?

6/04/2007 9:11 PM  
Blogger monogodo said...

I see you went with Able Bodied. Sorry they were late, they were early when we used them. I'd give them a call about the DVR.

6/05/2007 7:42 AM  
Blogger decade5 said...

Hooray for the new kitty!! Cats totally rock. Enjoy every bit of the 17 to 18 years you get with him.

6/05/2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

17 or 18 years? Whoa. That's more of a commitment than I thought. lol.

Ya know, I didn't really mind so much that the movers showed up late. Since we were up all nite, it gave us time to take a nap before they arrived. But the DVR is still missing and now they won't return my calls. Grr.

6/06/2007 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter