Friday, May 11, 2007

Birthday Boy

As of today, I am officially the mother of 3 teenagers.

It’s my son Christopher’s 13th birthday. As if I didn’t feel old already, geez.

Of course, I love all of my children equally – or at least I’m required by some parenting law to say that. But as far as infants and toddlers go, my boy was the BEST. His sisters gave me nothing but trouble when they were small, but not him. He rarely cried, he slept during normal hours, and he didn’t even complain or whine when he was sick. Sometimes it was hard to tell that he wasn’t feeling well, because he was always smiling. I remember at Thanksgiving when he was just 6 months old, he was happy and giggly – but then I noticed that he had goopy stuff coming out of his ear! So I took him to the emergency room, and sure enough, a pretty severe ear infection. The staff was amazed at how happy and quiet he was, in spite of the pain he should have been feeling. Weird. the nurses fawned all over him, sending him home with stuffed toys. Of course, as he’s gotten older and realized that whining to mom works like a charm when you’re sick, those days are long gone. But he was such a pleasant baby. And even now, he’s not too demanding. He’s pretty easy to please.

I have some of the cutest pictures of him when he was a baby. It seems like his first day of Kindergarten just happened. And now, he’s a man. Well, he would be if we were Jewish. No Bar Mitzvah for you, little man.

Happy Birthday sweetie!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, three teenagers, and you don't look old enough to even be the mother of ONE. Happy birthday to Mr. 13. And happy Mother's Day to you.

5/11/2007 11:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Aww, thanks. I feel old enough to have a dozen, lol.

Love the hair!

5/14/2007 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter