Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's kitten time

Only 8 days until the move. I am excited, and a little freaked out, because all I've managed to do is make a list of what needs doing and pack a handful of boxes. These next 8 days have to be productive. I'm off work two days next week - Monday, the holiday, and Friday, the movers come. And in between we have work and shows and car shopping and other shopping and the kids have short school days as their year is coming to an end on June 1st....argh. Lots of things going on all at the same time.

BUT...all of that seems to be stressing me out less than usual. Why? Because we got a kitten! OMG, it's the cutest thing ever! It's amazing what a cute kitten can do to one's disposition. Emily found the little one in the park climbing a bush. No mother or siblings in sight. Can't tell if it's a boy or a girl yet as it looks very young - maybe 2 months old or less, so we're referring to it as a 'he' for now. He's a very unusual color, a kind of chocolate brown with light streaks of black. He (or she) is just gorgeous! Very vocal and playful and cuddly, and can jump quite high in spite of its small size. We're going to take him over to our vet friend and have him/her checked out for all the necessaries.

Since he was found outdoors, I'm a little worried about his health, so I hope he gets a good report.

I'll put up some pics soon. Didn't want to freak him out with the flash of a camera on his first nite with us. But it may be a few days before I get around to it as I will will be excessively busy for the next week and my computer and camera will be in a box very soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

You have shows? Are they open mikes that you can skip? Once in Chicago, my mom and dad helped me pack a one-bedroom apartment for two days. And I was still up till 2:00 AM the day of the move. Point being: If it doesn't relate to work, eating, sleeping, or packing, skip it!

5/26/2007 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter