Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday Monday

Hello, bloggies. I am very sleepy but I will try and give you a brief update.

Nothing is going on.

There.

Ok, I'll give a little more.

I haven't been feeling well, which really put me into a funk. There's been a nasty bug making its way around the office. I'd like to believe that I was not the carrier, but I was asked to go home on Friday morning to avoid spreading any icky germs. No work and no pay makes Jenn a grumpy girl. I slept most of the day and stayed home while Evan went to Comedy Sportz that nite. And of course I got a call from my new buddy, Sabrina, wanting to know why I wasn't there. Darn the luck. I'm sorry I missed her. She's groovy.

Saturday I made a feeble attempt to straighten up the house. I did manage to get some laundry folded and clear out the leftover remnants of 'things my daughter didn't want to take with her when she moved'. What a strange mish mash of items. Some odd pieces of furniture and a lot of shoes, most with no match. She's odd.

That nite we went to McCarty's for a friend's birthday party. I wasn't thrilled about going, but I promised her months ago that I'd show up and be funny, so I did, and I was. Every time Evan left me alone at the bar, even for a few minutes, some guy would come over and hit on me. I find it hilarious. He was not as amused as I. But the nerve of these men, I mean really! There I was, obviously with someone, with a ring on my left hand to boot, and when he gets up to go to the bathroom, they think "Here's my chance!" ??? What the hell? I skillfully shooed them away, cuz no one can compare to my funny, lovable sloth, and he knows that.

Sunday, finally feeling better, I went to see The Teen's new apartment. She moved into a bigger place and I'm a little jealous, it's very cute. And clean. And smells like fresh paint. Took them to lunch, then headed home. Stayed up way too late playing WoW. That was pretty much my weekend.

Now, let's talk about comedy. Open Mic at McCarty's has been great. It's been so long, I wasn't sure if I still had 'it'. But apparently I do. I got a great response from the crowd both nites, and it felt really good to be back on the stage. I didn't realize how much I'd missed it. Looks like this will be a regular Tuesday nite thing for me. Come hang out with us. I promise you'll laugh at least once.

2 Comments:

Blogger I said...

I hope you feel better. I wanna go to Mc Carty's on Tuesday but I don't want to get sick. What time does that start? If I see you there I wont hit on you unless your sloth is in the bathroom. Howcome broads don't hit on me?

4/16/2007 5:55 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Feeling much better, thanks. And I don't think it was McCarty's that got me sick. My boss had it too, as well as about 5 other people in the office. I told them we shouldn't make out in the break room.

4/18/2007 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter