Thursday, January 07, 2010

Funny things mis-read

I was walking down the street a few weeks ago, and I saw a scrolling sign above me that said:

"JOIN THEY"

Hmm. Who is 'they', exactly? And why would I want to join them? Are 'they' a crazy, fanatical relgious cult that will make me wear Nikes and sweatpants and drink poison punch? Or perhaps 'they' are a street gang who want to initiate me in the worst and most intimate of ways? What the hell is "THEY"?

Then I realized it said, "JOIN THE Y" - as in the YMCA.

A sign on the side of the road:

"Horse for sale; worth $150, 000, selling for $85,000. Needs repairs."

Well that must be one exeptionally awesome horse! Perhaps a relative of Mr. Ed? Could there be a talking horse? And what kind of repairs, exactly, would a horse require?

The sign actually said HOUSE for sale.
But it was way funnier when I thought it said 'horse'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter