Monday, January 11, 2010

Best. Weekend. Ever.

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all had a fab weekend. I know I did! Seriously, was the most fun I've had in a long time.

Friday, the awesomeness that is Jill picked me up from work and we went to dinner and an art show in Deep Ellum. Our friend Sean joined us there too. We're getting involved with this group called ArtLoveMagic, they do a lot of local art and music stuff and we're hoping to do some comedy shows with them. It was a lot of fun, and I even ran into some folks from the hippie drum circle who I hadn't seen in a year! Way cool. Met a cute boy with a mohawk. Hehe. He 'friended' me on Facebook.

Then I went out with my crazy buddy Joel afterwards and we watched an 80's cover band at this dive bar near downtown. Was a hoot. Got home at 3 AM.

Saturday was a great cleaning day early on, then I hung out with a new friend which was fun. Bill and I went to see Jim Norton at the Addison Improv, and I totally got to pull the "I'm a comic" thing and get in free. Really made me feel like a rock star. And a couple of my buddies were opening and featuring for Norton, so I felt even more important! I freaking love it. I'm kind of a big deal.

We hooked up with Joel afterwards and went back to that crazy little bar on Live Oak. Different crowd this time, more of a punk scene, which I loved. Met a very tall 25 year old boy. He's 6'7". Holy crap. It hurt my neck to look up at him so I made him sit down to chat. We all went back to my place and crashed after watching a few episodes of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."

Sunday Jason texted me out of the blue that he was in town again, so he came over and we had a fun evening. He stayed over and drove me to work this morning. Emily saw his coat in the living room and told me this morning, "They're not supposed to stay over, mom!" Haha. They usually don't. But I told her it was 'just Jason'. She knows him, so it was sortof ok.

Back to work today. Tired but happy. May hit Dyer Street open mic tonite.

2 Comments:

Blogger decade5 said...

That was a hoot - let's do it again!

1/12/2010 9:20 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yes please!

1/12/2010 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter