Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year, folks. I had a very sober, very quiet New Year’s eve at home with the kids. Well, with the boy actually. The other one had plans. She has a boyfriend. I kinda miss having someone to do stuff with. But I digress.

The apartment building next to me (but not attached to my building) caught fire and burned on New Year’s Eve. They said on the news that it was a 2-alarm fire, which meant about 25 trucks and 3 dozen firefighters. Our street was shut down for hours, and it took them at least 2 hours to put out the fire. My son and I stood on the porch, just waiting for them to tell us we had to leave. But luckily, they got it under control, and everyone who was in immediate danger got out before things got really bad. No one was home in the apartments that were destroyed. I hope there were no pets left behind.

I have a new respect for firefighters. Those guys were like a machine.

That’s all I’ve got for now.
I'm having dinner with Jill and her friend from across the pond tonite. I'm very much looking forward to some tasty curry. Peace and love and all that stuff.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure do like Indian food....

1/04/2008 12:48 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I sure do! :) And I blame the PP girls (Larissa, Cami, Elaine) for getting me addicted to it!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to make it out with them on Wednesday. I was a bit ill. :(

1/04/2008 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lemme guess....Shiva or Khyber?

1/05/2008 6:10 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Shiva was my favorite. :)

1/07/2008 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great saag paneer. And naan.

1/07/2008 5:22 PM  
Blogger Bron said...

i had a nice veggie curry... but it wasn't how I'd have it over here.. but it was nice :D
shame you didnt' make it :(

1/09/2008 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter