Sunday, December 30, 2007

TV guide

I caught a few minutes of the sitcom, "Two and a Half Men" over the weekend, with Charlie Sheen and John Cryer - who I loved in the 80's - and I thought, "Wow, the writer's strike sure is evident on this show!"

Then I checked and saw that it was a rerun.

Charlie Sheen playing an oversexed, 40-ish man-pig - not funny.
Et tu, John Cryer? Shame on you. You can do better than that.
I'm so disappointed to see things like this. And people are getting paid to make it. Ick.

The only show I *love* at the moment? Pushing Daisies. I can't say enough good things about this show, and I have NO ONE to talk to about it! No one I know watches it. It's such a sweet, funny, creative show. The writing is amazing. The whole premise is brilliant. And - they featured a song by "They Might Be Giants" in one of the episodes, which I thought was way cool.
Let me know if you've seen it. I'm going to search for online fans. I seriously haven't been this excited about a tv show in a very long time.

And, on a side note...this show inspired me to write -and, I don't want to jinx it, but...I think I've completed the first draft of the play I started writing 2 years ago. I'm going to read thru it one more time - and then I'll edit and get a second opinion.

2 Comments:

Blogger decade5 said...

toss it this way for copyediting if you want.

I'm just sayin'.

12/30/2007 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Charlie Sheen was a 40ish, oversexed man-pig in real life.....you don't like it because he doesn't have to act?

12/31/2007 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter