Monday, April 02, 2007

What's so funny?

Hello, blog groupies.

Wow. I haven’t written in a while. Remember when my life was exciting? No? Me neither.

Some more of my co-workers have started reading here, and I just wanted to say Welcome to my little world. They’ve been working very hard at the pilot store for the last few weeks, and apparently this has been a source of amusement for them during their sleepless all-niters. (Note to self: Everything seems funny when you don’t get any sleep.)

What I’ve learned so far: I’ve now made them self-conscious about coffee and bathroom visits. Sorry about that guys.

So what’s happening – oh, last Tuesday I ventured out to my first open mic in over 8 months – and I sat in the corner like a scared lump. I know, I know. What a waste. It was great to see so many familiar faces (Paul, Shaun, Seth, I miss you guys!!!!). They kept asking me to go up, but I knew I wasn’t prepared. I told them I didn’t remember any of my jokes. Their response? “We remember them! Here, we’ll write you a set list!”

Funny. They have heard them enough times to have them memorized.

My friend Josh, who I met at the Comedy Sportz classes last year, has finally moved up to Dallas, so he and I will be hitting the open mics as much as possible. We spent last Thursday evening going over his material. I have a feeling he’s going to do very well here.


So, for anyone who's the slightest bit interested in seeing me tell jokes, I'll be at McCarty's Tavern in Richardson on Tuesday nites at 9 PM.

Also, the auditions for the next season of Last Comic Standing were held Friday in San Antonio. No, I didn’t go. I never have made it to one of those auditions. Of all the Dallas comics who tried out, 3 were asked back for the showcase, which is pretty cool. But unfortunately, none of them were taken to the next round. Better luck next year, guys. Hopefully, I’ll be standing in line with you then.

Other than that, not much is happening. Kids are doing well. We’re in the final stretch of the school year. House is a mess. Still. I’m tempted to just call a maid service. I kinda miss the Teenager living there now, because she used to help me clean. My son turns 13 next month. Thirteen? Really? Wow. Time really does fly.

3 Comments:

Blogger monogodo said...

A friend of mine went to the San Antonio auditions. He flew into Dallas from the DC area, then rented a car and drove down there. The NBC website said that they'd take them in as they arrived at the opening time on Saturday. When he got there, he learned that they gave out tickets to people who didn't want to wait in line, and anyone who didn't have a ticket wouldn't get in to audition. So he didn't get to audition. He was fairly sure he was going to get a set at the Improv in Addison Sunday night, but I haven't heard if he did or not. He was also planning on flying to Tuscon to audition there, but was unsure of the outcome, because he wouldn't be able to arrive in time to get a ticket if they were doing it that way like they did in San Antonio.

4/02/2007 10:17 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yeah, I heard about the 'ticket' thing. Seems like it pissed off a lot of people, and understandably so. Sounds like it was handled badly. It's pretty shitty to do that to people who have come a long way.

4/03/2007 9:33 AM  
Blogger I said...

Is anyone from the Last Comic Standing doing any better than before they went on there? I don't understand why anyone would make that journey for a bunch of Hollywood f*cks to say you suck. I can do that in my own living room with a bunch of Dallas f*cks. Next year just send me your plane fare and I'll tell you to not quit your day job.

The Great Doofleboy has spoken.

4/03/2007 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter