Thursday, April 21, 2005

Idol Chatter

Paula Abdul. To spend 24 hours in that head of hers. I don't mean to poke fun, but what the hell. Here are some quotes from her today, discussing her 'secret' illness.

"I want America to know that I have never ever been addicted to anything," the "Idol" judge explains. "No chemical dependency. I have never taken anything for recreation or for my injuries."
E! Online, 4-21-05

The pain got worse after "a couple of car accidents" in the 1980s and a plane crash in 1992, which led to seizures, bulimia and depression, she says. In search of relief, Abdul had 12 operations and used medications she says left her so "loopy" that she chose to live with the pain.
USA Today, 4-21-05

Alrighty….first she says she NEVER took anything, then she says she did, but stopped. Hmm. Sounds very Whitney Houston-esque to me. I recall Ms. Houston denying her addictions all the way to the clinic.

Ok, so if Ms. Abdul really has a disorder, as was referenced in these online articles, then my apologies. But, I have this need to call bullshit. No amount of anti-inflammatory meds or crazy excruciating pain will make you slur your speech, or dance on tables, or try to make out with Simon. Maybe she was just drunk. Either way, if she ends up at Betty Ford in 6 months, I called it.

Odd side note – when I was doing a search for Paula items on Google today, I kept getting drug rehab pop-ups. Coincidence? Now that’s funny.

Feeling bitchy today,
jenn

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

3/07/2007 5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter